Thursday, August 2, 2007

Chickamauga Marathon training week 4 is underway.

Tuesday was an easy 3 miles, I ran it in the evening, it was pretty warm about 85 degrees with high humidity (Yup summertime in Georgia).
Wednesday was a 6 miler at pace, I ran it in the evening, it was pretty warm about 87 degrees with high humidity (Yup summertime in Georgia).
This was a great run I headed out at 20:30 ish, just about sundown, so most of the run was dusk to dark. I love running in the dark, well not completely dark, but with the moon, stars and occasional street light. The sense of adventure goes up 100% when running in the dark. Last night was no different, I got to run the last half in the dark, and boy does the scenery look different at nigh. Although I have run this same route many times before, at night it just looks different.
PLEASE wear something reflective so you can be seen, and know you course in the dark you do not want to get lost, well maybe you do….

So that’s it for now, I got a 3 miler tonight and Friday is a rest day.

Next up:
I flipped my long run from Sunday to Saturday, I have to work Sunday so I do not thing I will be up to 11 miles after work. After my run we are going to the water park to get some sun, float around, eat junk food and spend some time with the family. Yeah, floating around and junk food sounds pretty good.

-B

No comments: