Friday, September 7, 2007

Ford IronMan Florida 70.3, "Tested, he will be." -Yoda

Alright, it been 24 hours and its starting to settle in, I am in for the ride of my life.
Wow, I am going to race Ford IronMan Florida 70.3, "Tested, he will be." -Yoda

Man I am psyched, when can I start, this is renewing my commitment to myself to rip life of its hinges. I’ve been busy, working, making money, paying the mortgage, raising kids (I love that job), head down with blinders on, I have spent much time not paying attention to life, shrouded in commitments. Well that’s all changing, sure I still have to pay the mortgage, and go to the office, and I am at peace with it, I love what I do for a living and I set up auto bill pay for the mortgage, but from now on, heads up blinders off.

I have about 250 days before my race, and I am trying to come up with a timeline.
Thinks on my list, not in any peculiar order:
Finnish my marathon
Rest up, I am going to need to be injury free before I start.
Find a plan.
Find a mentor.
Open water swim a bunch.
Buy a wetsuit (race water will be too warm), but I need it to train.
Nutrition, really get into it.
Become a morning person.
Drop another 15 lbs.
Spend as much time as I can with the family.

Last but not least:
Enjoy the journey, that what its all about.

-b

2 comments:

Wes said...

All systems go :-) If you need some help with a plan, I have the book by Gale Bernhardt that is chock full of plans, a couple (or three) that deal with half iron distance.

Not sure what neck of the woods you live in, but maybe we could get together some time. I am ramping up to 20 miles over the next seven weeks. I could do one loop of that Chickamaugua course with you sometime or something like that. I don't mind driving an hour or so if I'm going to be running over 2+...

Have a great week. Stay strong :-)

Brian said...

I am going to the books store soon.
Whats the name of Gale's book?

I live in Grayson/Gwinnett, how about you?

Are you going anything for the Phedip World Wide Half, I can't find anything in N.GA. so I might do Chichamauga loop or the Silver Comet.

Let me know, you can also email my @ try2tri@gmail.com