Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Inaugural "Fat B(astards or itches)'s tri club" triathlon:

So it looks like we’re going to have a good bunch for the
Inaugural "Fat B(astards or itches)'s tri club" triathlon.

Wes and (I hope) Dee Dee
Sarah and her husband
Sam
Richard, his wife and Daughter
Kevin and his wife
And the mysterious “An Athlete In Training”
And myself
I hope I’m not forgetting anyone, but If I did let me know, everyone is welcome.

Everyone please make sure you know how to get to my house.
Email me, my address is in my profile, and I'll send you my address and phone numbers.
Let me know if you want to bring any food items, I'd hate it if you made the same thing as me and it was better than mine.

This is going to be a self supported race so pack a water bottle(s) for the bike and run.
I'll have some GU gels to share but I am sort supply on the water bottle thing.

Tonight I'm going to map out the bike and run, and I’ll post them up on my blog.
Swim: My neighborhood pool is a 4 lane no rope Jr Olympic pool and if we can start before 10:00 we should have it to ourselves. With the no rope layout if gives is 8 lanes if we stay on either side of the stripe so everyone should have plenty of room. in the event some other residents want to use the pool at the same time will have to circle swim. Either way it’s going to be fun. Almost forgot, I was thinking the swim should be like 15-20 minutes, but I’m open to suggestions.
Bike: I'm thinking the bike should be something like 15 - 20 miles of rolling hills, nothing too high, I don't want anyone to die, but I don’t want it to feel like your ridding on their trainer. It is also my plan to ride with everyone on the bike, I want to make sure everyone has a good day and no one gets lost or dropped.
Everyone has the option of ridding the loop more than once.
Run: I am going to have three options, a 1 mile flat run off the bike, a 5k flat mostly sidewalks out and back and a 5 mile hilly loop that will kick your butt.
My plan on the run is to run the 1 mile or maybe the 5k, I’m still nursing some weird shin splints and I want to be back before everyone else to I can play host.

Bring a towel because we can use the pool post race if you want.

Let me know if you questions or comments.

We need a logo, so if anyone can draw or has photo shop skills....


-Brian

No comments: