Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Marathon training has started.
I have been on vacation for the last two weeks and now its time to settle down and start training.
I am going to follow a slightly modified version of Hal Higdon’s Intermediate I training plan. I needed to make a few small adjustments because of my schedule, I flipped Saturday for Sunday 2 times because I know I have plans that will not allow me to do long run on Sunday.
This is my third week, and I will have a weekly mileage total of 25, I have a 3 on Tues, a 5 on Wed, a 3 on Thurs, off on Fri, a 5 on Sat and a 9 on Sunday.
I have been a little behind on the schedule because of vacation and triathlon training, but I am now switching focus to marathon. I have one Olympic (1.5K Swim, 42K Bike, 10K Run) triathlon left on the schedule on Sept 15, the Tugaloo on Lake Hartwell, so I have to keep the swim and bike strong until then.
My training schedule has Monday as a cross day and I will try to get on the bike and get a good ride in. I plan on swimming at Johnson Park at lunch 3 to 4 times a week during the training but I will take it down a notch and really work on technique.

So that’s it for now, more too come in the few days as I make my way into more miles.

-B

No comments: